Sunday, October 23, 2011

Photos of the roosters

My husband and I often think of the same thing at the same time- we just don't often communicate this! As I was hitting "Publish Post", he sent me some of his wonderful images of the chickens.  I thought I'd share them with you as an homage to our beautiful roosters.  It is amazing to see how gorgeous these birds have become. Gorgeous, you might say? A chicken? Yes, they are so pleasing to the eye and relaxing to watch.  Although, it has been difficult to explain the mating process to our children...
"Oh, they are just playing hopscotch, sweetie."
"But they aren't jumping over," points our our 7 year old."
"Yes, they just haven't quite learned how to play yet," was my quick quip.
Let's see how long he buys that story! 
Fuzzball, one of our Mille Fleur D'Uccles
Midnight
Butterscotch, our Easter Egger. The Flock
Cinnamon posing.
Cinnamon in his full glory!
Butterscotch with his magnificent plumage.

No comments:

Post a Comment